- since Apr. 2020: Assistant researcher at the German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD), German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- 2018 - 2020: Guest lecturer at Augsburg University. Course: "Applied Geodata Analysis and Machine learning in R".
- since Apr. 2017: PhD Student at the German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD), German Aerospace Center (DLR), funded by the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU)
- Oct. 2014 - Feb. 2017: Master Geoinformatics (M.Sc.) at University Augsburg, Germany.
- Oct. 2010 - Jul. 2014: Bachelor Geography (B.Sc.) at Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg, Germany.
- Weigand, M., J. Staab, M. Wurm, and H. Taubenböck, "LandcoverDE" - Data Publication, 2020, https://doi.org/10.15489/1ccmlap3mn39.
- Weigand, M., J. Staab, M. Wurm, and H. Taubenböck, "Spatial and semantic effects of LUCAS samples on fully automated land use/land cover classification in high-resolution Sentinel-2 data," International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, vol. 88, p. 102065, Jun. 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2020.102065.
- Weigand, M., M. Wurm, S. Dech, and H. Taubenböck, "Remote Sensing in Environmental Justice Research – a Review," ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, vol. 8, no. 20, p. 28, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijgi8010020.